CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

What have I got to be thankful for?

One thing that bugs me about the holiday season, is that many people are starting to forget Thanksgiving. We go from Halloween straight into the Christmas season. I know Thanksgiving is only celebrated one day of the year but before we get all greedy let's not forget to thank the one who gives us life. I thought I might share my list of things I am thankful for.

1. That God allows me to enjoy this life one more day.

2. My family and friends.

3. That I have an awesome job and am able to live my dream.

4. For the privilege of living in the Cayman Islands and sharing my gifts with my students.

5. For students who remind you that what you do is important and you are making a difference.

6. That God loves me and desires a relationship with me. No questions asked!

7. Chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate

8. Music

9. That no matter what happens in this world, I know that God has it all in control.

10. Food on my table and a roof over my head.

2 comments:

Tim and Kristina said...

Hope you enjoyed your vacation! I am totally with you on the fact that people are forgetting about thanksgiving. They have been playing Christmas music since Halloween around here, I can't stand it =( Hope you are doing great!

Kris

Becky said...

Hey, Mandy..nice thoughts. I myself like Thanksgiving a whole lot. Christmas I like the real story but all the hoop la well....it's over rated, but my friends have been after me to get into that Christmas spirit so I'm getting there slowly but surely.