CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Stingray City














I have lived in Cayman almost three years and this is the first that I have had the opportunity to go to Stingray City. It is located about 30 minutes off the main island. It also known as the sand bar. There is a reef that surrounds the island and the sand bar is located right before you get to the reef. On the sand bar there are over 100 stingrays. Most of them are pretty tame. The female are the biggest and the male is about the size of a dinner plate. You are able to get out of your boat and swim with the stingrays. At first I was a little nervous because they swim right around your legs and I didn't want to step on them. Once I started touching them I was no longer afraid. I got to hold one of the females. She was huge and weighed a ton. Before we left I had a chance to hold a baby female and she stayed with me for the longest time. If you feel underneath them they are as smooth as baby's skin. I thought I would share my stingray experience with you. I hope you enjoy it. I also snuck a picture of a Cayman sunset.





































































































3 comments:

Regi said...

Wow! That is so awesome! I assume you are the one with the long blonde hair. I couldn't really recognize anyone else.

The stingrays at Myrtle Beach are a lot scarier. We got stuck in a "herd" of them and it kinda freaked us out. I am sure they aren't as tame as the ones you held. Love reading your blog!

Julie said...

Hey, I am so glad you are updating your blog regularly. I am so jealous, I want to swim with the stingray.

Becky Hallenbeck said...

Hey Amanda. I'm so glad I found your blog. It's awesome that you get to live and work where you are. I'm jealous. Hope you're doing well.