CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 22, 2008

Learning How to Score

It is Friday! Whew! It has been a crazy stressful week. There were many times this week I wondered if I was going to survive. Here I am at the end writing this message. If any one knows much about ACE you know that the students score their own work. That is all wonderful until you have to train 5 and 6 year olds how to do that. Just like you don't have to teach them to lie you also do not have to teach them to cheat. It can be a long drawn out process. I have tried a different approach from my first two years and I think maybe it is going to work better. I train each individually and they seem to be getting the hang of it. I guess we will see what happens in the next few weeks. For the most part I am very happy with how the class has performed this year. There are still a few kinks to work out but they have done well. I believe all will be able to move on to the next grade level. God has a way of coming in at just the right time. The students are very good at giving hugs and telling me they love me. For some reason they always seem to hug me when I am upset at them. I think they can sense when I need a hug. I am so thankful for the opportunity to mold their young minds. It is an awesome responsibility and don't take it lightly. I just hope that some how they will never forget that I care about them and want them to succeed.

2 comments:

Regi said...

Great post, Mandamus!

Island Girl said...

I try to come up with something good. It is hard to find things to talk about. About the only thing I do is go to work. So I guess it is okay to talk about school.